Pediatric Impetigo Treatment at 212SKIN with Dr. Avshalumova
What is Pediatric Impetigo?
Impetigo is a highly contagious bacterial skin infection that is common among children. It is caused by two types of bacteria: streptococcus pyogenes and staphylococcus aureus. The infection typically appears as red sores or blisters on the face, especially around the mouth and nose, and can spread to other parts of the body.
Pediatric Impetigo Treatment at 212SKIN
If your child has symptoms of impetigo, it is important to seek prompt medical attention. At 212SKIN, we offer expert pediatric impetigo treatment with board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Avshalumova. Our treatment approach may include:
- Topical or oral antibiotics to eliminate the bacteria causing the infection
- Keeping the affected area clean and dry
- Applying an antibiotic ointment to the sores or blisters
- Oral pain relief medication if necessary
Preventing the Spread of Pediatric Impetigo
It is important to take steps to prevent the spread of impetigo, especially in schools and daycare settings where children are in close contact with one another. The following measures can help prevent the spread of impetigo:
- Wash your hands and your child’s hands frequently
- Avoid sharing towels, clothing, or other personal items
- Cover the affected area with a clean, dry bandage
- Do not scratch or pick at the sores or blisters
Book an Appointment for Pediatric Impetigo Treatment in NYC
If you suspect that your child has impetigo, don’t delay in seeking treatment. Contact 212SKIN to schedule an appointment with Dr. Avshalumova, our board-certified dermatologist who specializes in pediatric skin care. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for your child’s skin.