It's impossible not to notice, how our modern pop culture's stereotypes influence how women should look after giving birth. It all comes down to a not-so-realistic picture, an expectation that many believe is unattainable and simply impossible to achieve with anything conventional.
recent blog posts
- 11-10-2018, 08:44
- DO shave in between treatments. This is the best way to quickly remove hair without damaging the root. Your beauty therapist will shave the area before applying the laser to your skin, anyway, as any visible hair will only get singed otherwise!
- DON'T apply heavy make-up for 24 hours after your laser treatment to avoid clogging the skin and causing breakouts. If you really have to, opt for mineral types, such as Jane Iredale, Inika and bareMinerals which let the skin 'breathe.'
- DO avoid sun exposure - and lay off the fake tan, too. Lasers are more compatible with paler skin-types, so, even though a tan looks great, it'll minimise the efficiency of the laser, preventing the energy from making its way to the root of the hair.
- DON'T wax, epilate or pluck your hair in between treatments as it removes the hair from the root. Lasers work because they are attracted to the hair's pigment underneath the skin and if it is completely gone, there won't be anything there for the laser to zap. If this is the case, you might have to wait up to another four weeks for the root to re-form until you can be treated again.
- DO wear a high factor SPF. After treatments, skin becomes more sensitive to UV rays, so always slather it in a high factor sunscreen to protect it from things like hyperpigmentation and sensitivity.
- DO exfoliate the area gently as it encourages the dead roots to fall out after every treatment and will make your skin look less bumpy and shadowy.
And if you prefer to DIY, here are the very best at-home laser hair removal systems on the market, approved by ELLE of course.
- 8-06-2018, 08:43
Irrespective of the fact whether you want to get rid of adult acne, acne scars or want to know about the latest anti-aging methods, choosing the best dermatologist New York City, can be daunting a task. It is important for you to know that all dermatologists are equal. Choosing the one who can help you get rid of your skin problem can be a difficult choice to make. If you are looking for the right dermatologist then follow the points mentioned below:
Look for credentials
To begin with, look for credentials of the dermatologist. After all, report card does matter a lot. Any doctor or healthcare professional having medical degree can provide dermatology treatment, however it is certified physicians who give additional years to study dermatology and gain specialization in it. Choose the dermatologist certified American Board of Dermatology. Also you can look for credential by simply browsing through the website of the dermatologist.
Make sure dermatologists is not pitching for sales
If you feel that dermatologist pitches for sale then look for some other doctor. It is a doctor’s clinic, not a shop. Make sure that selected dermatologist or staff members do not push you to buy products, remedies and treatments which are not related to your treatment.
Generous sampling policy matters
A dermatologist clinic full of mini tubes of several products signifies that the doctor wants patients to get the best treatment for a skin problem. It also indicates that the dermatologist is conscious of budget and prescribed medicines. If chosen dermatologist allows you to try a product before buying it then it is just a great sign. Instead of being shy, ask for samples as many times even doctors have to trash them up.
So, if you are looking for top dermatologist in New York City then follow above slated three steps.