Non-Invasive Treatments & Dermatology Grade Facials
At 212SKIN we have set out to revolutionize the world of non-invasive treatments. Our lead Dermatologist Dr Avshalumova has developed a range of highly effective, yet deeply relaxing treatments for you, which will not only greatly improve the appearance of your skin, but also support your long-term skin health. Please find below details about our core treatments.
All of our non-invasive treatments are completely bespoke however, and tailored to your skin’s individual needs on the day. Also – don’t worry, if you can’t decide, which treatment might be best for you. Your therapist will assess your skin on the day and advise accordingly.
Our non-invasive treatments are performed by specially trained Aestheticians.
All of our Medical Aestheticians benefit from rigorous training alongside our Dermatologists, in addition to completing their Beauty Therapy degrees. They have a wealth of expertise in obtaining and maintaining youthful, healthy-looking skin and are also trained to recognise troubled skin and work with our Dermatologists to treat it.
The antioxidant blend works in concert and performs a number of different tasks:
a) They protect the water-loving (´hydrophilic´) parts of our skin by supplementing them with hydrophilic antioxidants
b) They protect the lipid-loving (lipophilic) parts of our skin by supplementing them with lipophilic antioxidants
c) They protect from generation of so-called secondary free radicals (i.e. ´chain-reaction´ free radicals, which are produced by the initial set of free radicals)
d) They even stimulate a whole host of your skin’s own antioxidant pool, including some enzymatic antioxidants, whose molecular structure is too large to be able to penetrate from the outside.
recent blog posts
- 19-08-2017, 09:09
It's impossible not to notice, how our modern pop culture's stereotypes influence how women should look after giving birth. It all comes down to a not-so-realistic picture, an expectation that many believe is unattainable and simply impossible to achieve with anything conventional.
- 11-10-2018, 08:44
- DO shave in between treatments. This is the best way to quickly remove hair without damaging the root. Your beauty therapist will shave the area before applying the laser to your skin, anyway, as any visible hair will only get singed otherwise!
- DON'T apply heavy make-up for 24 hours after your laser treatment to avoid clogging the skin and causing breakouts. If you really have to, opt for mineral types, such as Jane Iredale, Inika and bareMinerals which let the skin 'breathe.'
- DO avoid sun exposure - and lay off the fake tan, too. Lasers are more compatible with paler skin-types, so, even though a tan looks great, it'll minimise the efficiency of the laser, preventing the energy from making its way to the root of the hair.
- DON'T wax, epilate or pluck your hair in between treatments as it removes the hair from the root. Lasers work because they are attracted to the hair's pigment underneath the skin and if it is completely gone, there won't be anything there for the laser to zap. If this is the case, you might have to wait up to another four weeks for the root to re-form until you can be treated again.
- DO wear a high factor SPF. After treatments, skin becomes more sensitive to UV rays, so always slather it in a high factor sunscreen to protect it from things like hyperpigmentation and sensitivity.
- DO exfoliate the area gently as it encourages the dead roots to fall out after every treatment and will make your skin look less bumpy and shadowy.
And if you prefer to DIY, here are the very best at-home laser hair removal systems on the market, approved by ELLE of course.